What to Expect When Visiting Our Libraries
Please keep your visit short and sweet. Aim for a 15-minute stay unless using the computers. These services are designed for convenience, safety, and efficiency during your library visit. We invite you to pick out items, access public computers, ask quick account questions, and use the available services. Some visits will last longer. The 15 minutes is a guideline, not a rule. Please plan ahead and just try your best. We appreciate the effort!
For everyone's safety:
- Stay home if you're sick / not feeling well.
- Wear your mask properly inside (patrons 6 and older are required to wear masks).
- Limit interactions with staff
- Keep a 6-foot distance from others.
- Refrain from hanging out, congregating, and sitting on the floor.
- Respect the safety shields at our service desks; speak through and not around them.
- All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being placed back into circulation.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place. Hand sanitizer is available for customers and staff.
- Curbside services (where available) are offered at all current in-person locations.
Current Library Services
- Browse the collections
- Place / receive interlibrary loans (ILL)
- Return items at outdoor book drops
- Use our restrooms
Limited In-Person Assistance
- 1-hour public computer session per user/day
- Copy / print services (where applicable)
- Scan / fax services (where applicable)
- Computer availability is limited
- Headphones will be unavailable (we will sell earbuds for $1 or patrons may bring their own)
- Computers will be socially distanced
- No hands-on staff assistance
What Not To Do
We're not quite ready for:
- Hanging out
- In-house events / programs
- In-house reading / studying
- Meetings / study groups
- Sharing items like kits, magazines, newspapers, children’s toys, etc.
Spaces Taking a Break
- Youth/teen computers/tablets
- Meeting/study rooms
- Newspaper/magazine reading areas
- Public seating areas
- Book sale rooms/spaces
Do Online or by Phone
- Apply for or renew a library card
- Read newspapers online
- Contact us with any questions
- Place holds
- Use our digital resources
- Call 775-738-3066 for help
- Elko County Library
- Austin Branch Library
- Battle Mountain Branch Library
- Carlin Branch Library
- Crescent Valley Branch Library
- Eureka Branch Library
- Jackpot Branch Library
- Tuscarora Branch Library
- Wells Branch Library
- West Wendover Branch Library
- Books Express
Across all locations, masks are required for patrons ages 6 and up.