Friends of the Elko County Library
The Friends of the Elko County Library was formed in late 1988.
The purpose of this organization shall be to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in libraries
- Focus attention on the library
- Stimulate the use of the library’s resources and services
- Receive and encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests to the library
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Lend legislative support where needed and to support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights
The Friends of the Library conduct fundraisers. Funds go directly back to the library to purchase materials, equipment or programming.
- Just Desserts
- Donation Letter Campaign
- Book Sales
Monthly meetings are held in the meeting room of the Elko County Library every 3rd Tuesday of each month at noon (September - May).
What We Have Done in the Past
Since its inception in 1990, the Friends of the Elko County Library has donated over $230,000. Through the Friends of the Library, the library has been able to:
- Purchase library books for the Children’s Department
- Purchase adult books, both non-fiction and fiction materials
- Purchase magazines
- Purchase audio materials
- Purchase downloadable materials
- Purchase supplies to assist with the painting of the inside of the library
- Give monies for programs
- Give monies to assist with the operational costs of the bookmobile
- Purchase furniture
- Establish a scholarship program
Follow us on Facebook!